To create, maintain and enhance a healthy and positive environment in which our members can develop physically and emotionally while building character through the sport of figure skating, at all ages.
facts about our club
- We are a volunteer organization.
- Skating Club Vail has been operational since 1979.
- We are located in the heart of beautiful Vail.
- We are the largest skating club in the Eagle Valley - we have developed strong alliances with Vail Recreation District (VRD), Beaver Creek and the Town of Vail, as well as with the towns of Breckenridge and Eagle.
- Besides attracting skaters from across the valley, we also attract skaters from all over the world.
- We strongly adhere to the U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Program rules.
- We have PSA and Master rated coaches, who are also Gold level certified ISI Judges.
- All of our coaches have competed at the National or Olympic level.
- We like to put on shows. Our Winter show delights spectators year after year. We also like to invite local schools and organization to to a variety of events we hold throughout the year.
- We host competitions and testing sessions. We have successfully held the Vail Invitational for now 35 years!
- We welcome camps, figure skaters and coaches from all over the world.
Dobson Ice Arena, our main ice rink, is located in the heart of Vail, on the in-town bus route on West Meadow Drive, across from the Vail Library.
Parking for Dobson Ice Arena is available in the Lionshead parking structure.
We pride ourselves for having best-in-class coaching. Our coaches offer individual and group lessons, performance classes, jump clinics, camps... Our coaches are strong believers in off-ice training and highly recommend that all skaters supplement their skating activities with dance, yoga or pilates-type of activities, all of which are offered in the Vail Valley. See Coaches
President - Susan Bruno
Vice President - Karin Pellerito
Treasurer - Sheila Sandoval
Secretary - Samantha Snyder